November 29, 2015

creative cussing








Creative Cussing
My parents were school teachers, and my one grandma also. Almost all the aunts and uncles. We spoke 'properly' at home. We used our manners. We went to church. I think, we were quite dignified people. Nobody would know our sorrows.
So, I speak properly. I don't think I was ever rebellious at all. There was nothing to 'rebel' against, for years. The worst had already happened. My dad remarried, and I got a set of luggage for graduation. I left home, and carried on.

20 years later, I married a 'Cusser'. Now, I'm not talking the usual g.d. or f this. I'm talking literal blue flames and singed ears cussing. If Real cussing, was an art form? This man, would be a Picasso. He goes off, and people stand back in Awe, or run. Have I mentioned that he's 6'5'', with a deep booming voice? His cousin has been working with us lately, so I'm getting a chance to hear all the old stories. He said, the old men at the Barber shop used to pay my husband to cuss, when he was 5 years old, and he's only gotten 'better' with age.
This is my post for today.








August the 17th, 2015  
Magical thinking...
On the 3rd of August 2015, I made a wish for an adventure.   
Remind me again about the old saying, to Be careful what you wish for.  
So, we took a drive down to Florida, to visit my family for an overnight. Family that I used to live with, but hadn't seen them much for 20 or 30 years.  Nothing bad, just distance and time and money.  My one cousin, I mentioned had had a stroke, and is recovering.  I want to see her, and hug her in person.  And, I'll get a chance to meet up with some other cousins and my aunt, that I hadn't seen for so long, and I love her so much.  Looking forward to the visit, yet dreading the drive.  8 hours in the car, with a caged up grizzly bear.  He's one of those drivers that does not like to stop, and gets totally frustrated with any wrong turns.  Of course, gas stations do not sell maps anymore.  
One August the 3rd, 2015 
I wish I had some grand adventures to tell you all about today.
But, I don't so I won't. 
Maybe a 'deep thought' to share?  
Here's a good one.  
''For a while we had trouble trying to get the sound of a champagne cork exploding out of the bottle. I solved the problem by sticking my finger in my mouth and popping it out.  ~Lawrence Welk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Testing, testing, one two three...