Sifting and Sorting
...thru the sands of Time.
Round things here, lumpy things there. Toss and pile, toss and pile. Get the old wheel barrel out and bring things to a specific spot out behind the barn. I stop to light a smoke, look up where the crows are calling. The fence blocks the view. Check the google. Start again.
Years go by. The wind blows, the trees fall down, the leaves rot and sharp blackberry brambles cover over the dead parts.
Later in the day, I hear the words I've learned to dread, ''Where's the goshdamn parts for the whozamajiggle?' um...
I don't know. I'll find them. By this time, I'm starting to realize that round parts could go to either a belt spindle, or maybe a small tire on the front of a big mower? Could be something in the motor mount. ...oh damn, there they are in the swimming pool. I thought they looked 'pretty' up against the chrome wheel hub I was using for a fountain top.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Testing, testing, one two three...