May 5, 2019

Scruffy City, USA 




Downtown Scruffy City, facing West, Tennessee River on the left
 

yo' momma

21 comments:

  1. Electronic messaging is NOT PRIVATE. All incoming and outgoing messages are subject to review, censorship, or rejection by the correctional facility. Should service be denied for disciplinary reasons, technical difficulties, or any other reason, no refund shall be given. You agree to have the messaging fee deducted from your account balance when each message is sent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This, and they are also recording the phone calls, just to and from the jail not on my landline, I don't think. I'm sure they could, if they wanted to but there's nothing 'that' nefarious going on, just a bunch of drunk drama as far as I can tell. There are recordings from people's cell phones floating around out there, to be played back later. Social media. The fb is a big one, the DA has been watching that for awhile now. I might blame the Russians for alot of the settings changes and deletions, but some of it has been me to protect the innocent. Also, those that know me, know that I have changed my nic name online, a few times. Shoot, I've had 4 different last names legally in 'real life'. BUT, I'm telling you this right now. I would never pretend to be someone else in order to case harm, or just general mayhem. Even when trying to write my 'memoirs', I can't get my mind out of the PG rating system. I'm a grand mama for gosh sakes. That's just not 'me' Never has been. Other people have though, pretended to be 'me'. It's an odd feeling, and not 'comfortable' at all. I have decided to become a 'recluse' again. Well, except for my two nights a week at the laundromat and occasional funerals or trips to the store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget about court dates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about Synchronicity, and Serendipity, I got called for jury duty last month. Same judge, same courtroom....Lined up in the hallway, the one behind the courtroom and started filing in from that side door to the left behind the judge. I ended up in the front row with the 6, closest to the judge. Looked over where my son usually sits, and there was a young black man, nice looking, I recognized his face from some of our court stuff. He was dressed in a suit and tie, his family behind him. Looked like his mom and his grandma and some aunts and cousins, maybe an uncle. Pretty big group, all dressed like for church. The judge made his speech, asked some questions. One was, were we familiar with the area the crime was committed? I had to raise my hand for that one. Me and Anna had done the Meals on Wheels there a few times. Then, for the life of me I can't remember the exact question, but it was something like had we seen the defendant before? I raised my hand, and yes, last week in this court room, from last week, does that count?  The judge called me up to the bench for a private consult. He doesn't seem to recognize me right away. He asks, last week? what case was that? I said, 'A___ B___, my son.' Click. ___In that instant, he recognized me. Sort of funny, in a way. He looks over at the lady beside me, the younger dark haired one, the one asking the questions and says, 'She doesn't need to be here, does she?' The lady looks at me, at him and nods no. Judge says, 'you're dismissed'. That was that. I turned to go, and as I'm walking out, I look back at that family again, and the momma or maybe it was the grandma who knows. I mouthed a silent 'bless you', at them and boy too, he looked so young and not scary at all.  He had been making eye contact with me. Did a google when I got home, and it was gang related. Anna had gone to High School with the boy that was killed. She sort of knew who he was. She remembered the announcements for the memorial over the intercom at school. We might have talked about it then, on our drive. The boy that was found dead, I don't think he was in a gang, he was pretty well liked, just hanging with the wrong crowd, and there was some trouble. I sort of remembered it now, just a day or so before Thanksgiving, my son was still at the half way house when it happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Checked the news again, later on in the week and the boy was convicted, more details after the fact and oh my ... it was not good. Cold blooded...

      Delete
  5. While my son was at the half way house, his step mother died. My oldest daughter and her, and her daughter are /were very close. It was sudden, and tragic. She was a good woman, good to my children. Not a year later, their dad dies, not so sudden, but very tragic also. He left behind many hurt feelings with extended family and again with the alcohol induced drama between all of them, the steps and the grands and the ex's, so much of it spread all over the face book. I can't even begin to make it into a coherent story. Let's just say it blew up, and is continuing to do so, and I don't see an end to it, any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and now, Renee has died. One wife in law on either side. wtf?

      Delete
  6. The more I think about it, the stranger it gets, this social media of the internet. I check my stats, and nobody is reading in at the moment. This proves a theory of mine. People are not paying as much attention to me, as I think they are. Comforting, in a way. I write to my son, in jail, every day. I used to write to my aunt Carol, same way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same thing with my oldest daughter, for a few years there. She's got the actual paper letters saved. We were having fun, just starting to go thru them again, almost 20 years later. Maybe one day my grand daughter will get a chance to read them, and see that her grand ma ma was not such a bad guy.

      Delete
  7. Had to quit the job at the laundromat, hip replacement surgery coming up in a few weeks. Word up, had mentioned becoming a 'recluse' again. Here I am. Blogging along to nobody in particular, just kinda keeping notes to myself. Funny. Not so funny. 'funny', that's a word we use up Nort' more often than around here in East TN, or even online.

    ReplyDelete
  8. copy and paste, just saving a few notes. Open for public viewing, but only a few have the link. Watching my 'key words', keeping it on the down low, yet out in the open. For a little while, anyway *wink* I see you, and it's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorta sad about the laundromat, was hoping I could keep it for at least another year. It was good to see the folks, they couldn't stay long but what they did, we enjoyed. We managed to find a few spots to sit and visit, but Tilly was acting so crazy bark bark bark, had to keep her in her kennel and Tootsie would whoof every time they stood up here at the house. We brought some dinner from Buddy's to the hotel room, to visit there instead...lol..then, breakfast in the morning, and zoom on the road again. Gotta love 'em, and I do. They looked good, and I think we looked all right too <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopped by the kfc for dinner tonight, the one across the street from the laundromat I mention above (which has since burned up, for real). Interesting, also the reason we were on that side of town was because of spending most of the afternoon at the emergency room at Park West with GB's cousin Larry, just got out of prison 2 days ago and fell going up the steps 2 doors down, broke his arm in 2 places. That'll slow him down for awhile, and I don't mean that in a mean way. He's 75 years old and spent over 40 years locked up (drugs in the 80's) had got out and moved in down the road, doing good and then not so good, having too much fun got picked up and back you go. My goodness, he's aged in the last 13 months. Anyway, and here's the serendipity part. His brother, Darrell was picked up on a probation violation just a few months ago, he also had been living 2 doors down. Different sentences, different jails and different areas of Tennessee, totally random but both home on the same day! GB kept their stuff safe while they were 'gone out of town' , and now they are home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Synchronicity and serendipity, guess I'm on the google now spilling the tea

    ReplyDelete
  12. 7 years later???

    ReplyDelete

Testing, testing, one two three...