August 26, 2020

This little piggy went to market


 


2 comments:

  1. This little piggy has gone to market. It was the year 1979, my last trip to the Lee farm before joining the Air Force. This little pig sat at the top of the stairs for years and years and years. It looked so lonesome, I just scooped it up and wrapped it in a blanket, tucked safe and sound in my red overnight Samsonite bag that was part of a set I got for graduation in 1976.

    The farm burned to the ground, in 1980, and since then, I have carefully carried this little pig with me everywhere, after that. Never, ever trusted it to the movers. It stayed with me in the back seat of the car, to be unpacked and set on the dresser where ever we ended up at over the next 20 years. North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Colorado and then finally East Tennessee.
    Can't remember the exact year of the last Lee family reunion, 2017? I sent the pig to Uncle Dave for the memory table. He didn't know I had it! He told me it was like seeing an old friend. That was fun.
    *deep sighs*
    My uncle Dave died just a few months back, and his brother, my Uncle Carmen sent my little pig back to me. Home, again.
    Sad, and happy at the same time. Home again, home again jiggity jig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way in the picture the grandma doll is on one shoulder and my pet monster the other :)

    ReplyDelete

Testing, testing, one two three...